Posted on Sep 20th, 2022 by Renu Dahiya, Last updated on Nov 17th, 2022
Planning to fly to India from UAE? Please ensure you know all the guidelines and requirements for UAE to India travel so that you can enjoy your travel hassle-free. India has resumed almost all its international flight operations and tourists from UAE will once again be able to travel to India without any strict conditions or requirements.
To make sure you stay safe when you travel, it’s important that you read the below-mentioned updated guidelines for the vaccinated/unvaccinated visitors travelling from UAE to India –
Flying From UAE
The United Arab Emirates government has placed some restrictions on outbound UAE residents. As per the UAE travel protocol, UAE Nationals 18 years old and above must meet one of the below-mentioned requirements to travel out of the UAE –
- Travellers must have done with one dose of a government-approved vaccine and a period of one month has not lapsed from the date of the vaccination and the date of travel.
- Travellers must have done with two doses of a government-approved vaccine.
- If the traveller is not vaccinated, he/she must present a valid negative Covid-19 PCR test report that is issued within 48 hours from the time of sample collection and the time of boarding the aeroplane. This Certificate has to be issued by an approved health service provider and must contain a QR code.
Exemption Cases – The below-mentioned categories of UAE citizens are exempted from the above-stated travel requirements/conditions provided they obtain an official letter from the relevant health authority in the United Arab Emirates –
- Humanitarian cases
- Persons medically exempted from taking the vaccine
- Persons travelling for medical and/or treatment purposes.
Note – Any exception must be obtained by the travellers from the relevant authorities before arrival at the airport or making travel arrangements.
Flying To India
All the travellers flying from UAE to India, irrespective of their nationality and vaccination status, should follow the below-mentioned guidelines and requirements –
- Travellers must submit complete and factual information in the Self-Declaration form available on the online Air Suvidha portal – https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration including travel information of the last 14 days. Fill out the form before the scheduled travel and keep this handy on your phone or on paper.
- Travellers must submit information about the negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report. Please make sure that the test should have been conducted within 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure date.
Travellers must submit information about the full primary vaccination schedule of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Each Traveller shall also submit a declaration (while submitting their self-declaration form on the Air Suvidha portal) with respect to the authenticity of the report and will be liable for criminal prosecution if found otherwise.
- Travellers must also give an undertaking on the portal or otherwise to Ministry Civil Aviation, Government of India, through concerned airlines before flying to any destination of India that you would abide by the decision of the appropriate government authority regarding any post-arrival requirement to undergo home/institutional quarantine/self-health monitoring, as warranted.
Other Requirements/Guidelines For Travellers Flying To India From UAE
- Travellers should abide by the dos and don’ts provided along with the flight ticket by the airlines/agencies concerned.
- Only those travellers are allowed to board the flights who have filled in all the information in the Self-Declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal and submitted information of the negative RT-PCR certificate or completed COVID-19 vaccination.
- Only asymptomatic travellers will be allowed to board the flight after the thermal screening.
- All travellers are advised to download the Aarogya Setu app on their mobile devices before boarding the flight.
- Passengers must follow the announcement about COVID-19 including precautionary measures, made at the airports and on flights and during transits.
- If any traveller reports symptoms of COVID-19 during flight, he/she shall be isolated as per protocol.
- Passengers who need to undergo testing to avoid any congestion at the arrival airport should carefully listen to the in-flight announcements made by the airlines regarding the same.
- All the passengers should follow the appropriate physical distancing during de-boarding.
- The following post-arrival protocol shall also be followed –
- A sub-section i.e. 2% of the total flight passengers shall undergo post-arrival testing at random at the airport on arrival.
- These travellers on each flight shall be escorted by the concerned airlines to the testing area on arrival. Laboratories shall prioritise testing of samples from these passengers.
- If these passengers are tested positive, they shall be managed/treated as per laid down standard protocol and their samples would be further sent for genomic testing at the INSACOG laboratory network.
- All the passengers will self-monitor their health for the next 14 days of arrival.
- If any traveller under self-monitoring, develops symptoms suggestive of COVID-19, he/she will immediately self-isolate and report to their nearest health facility or call National Helpling Number (1075)/State Helpline Number.
Testing Requirements For Children Travelling to India From Dubai
Children under 5 years of age will be exempted from both pre-and-post-arrival COVID-19 testing. But, if found symptomatic for COVID-19 on arrival or during the self-monitoring period, they shall undergo testing and be managed/treated as per laid down guidelines/protocol.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need a negative PCR test to fly to India from UAE?
A: If you have received a complete dosage of the COVID-19 vaccine in the UAE, then you are no longer required to conduct the PCR test prior to the flight to India. You only have to provide your vaccination certificate upon check-in.
Q: Can I travel to India if I am non-vaccinated?
A: Yes, you can travel to India if you have not received your Covid-19 vaccination. You are required to conduct a PCR-Test within 72 hours prior to your flight departure and present the negative report.
Q: Is it mandatory to fill out the self-declaration form on the Air Suvidha portal?
A: Yes, all the passengers are required to submit a self-declaration form at the Air Suvidha portal before the flight along with all the information related to vaccination and the Covid-19 PCR test. Passengers without registration may be denied from boarding the flight.
Q: Do we need to download the Aarogya Setu mobile app to fly to India from UAE?
A: Yes, all the passengers are advised to download the Aarogya Setu mobile application before the flight to India from UAE.
That’s almost everything you need to know before flying to India from the UAE. If you still have any doubts or queries, do let us know in the comment section below. Our travel agents will provide the best solutions to your queries and clear all your doubts within minutes.
MyTicketsToIndia is a leading and reputed flight booking agency with more than 13 years of experience. We have helped lakhs of visitors travelling to India from the USA, Canada, Australia, and the UK. And, now we want to extend our helping hands to the travellers in the UAE wishing to fly to India. To know more about our new beginnings, read our welcome blog. And, to book UAE to India flight tickets, call our travel experts, join the live chat or fill out the query form. We are super excited to help you save BIG on your flight bookings!
Renu Dahiya is a passionate writer who worships her profession. Her love for writing has encouraged her to pursue her career as a writer. Her friends call her a “travel worm” and always come to her to know some interesting traveling tips and destinations. Renu is a repository of knowledge about traveling who knows which place should be visited in which season. Oh yes, she is insanely in love with dancing too. Writer, traveler and dancer, a perfect combination! Without a doubt, she is a complete package.